Sometimes the Life You Planned Isn't the Life You're Meant to Live
When I was younger, I was convinced I had life all figured out.
I had a picture in my head of what adulthood was supposed to look like.
The career.
The timeline.
The milestones.
The plan.
I think most of us do.
We imagine where we'll live, who we'll become, what success will look like, and how everything will unfold. We don't realize until much later that life has a way of rewriting the script—often in ways we never could have imagined.
For a long time, I struggled with that.
Every time life took an unexpected turn, I found myself wondering if I had somehow fallen behind.
If I was doing something wrong.
If I had missed my chance.
But over the years, something shifted.
As I looked back on my own journey, I realized that almost every meaningful thing in my life came from a plan I never made.
I never planned to become a podcaster.
I never planned to help build a radio station.
I never planned to co-found a media network.
I never planned to spend my days interviewing incredible people, creating content, and telling stories that remind others they aren't alone.
And yet...
I honestly can't imagine my life any other way.
In this season premiere, I wanted to have a conversation that I think so many of us need to hear.
Not about having the perfect plan...
But about learning to trust the unexpected.
Because somewhere along the way, we've convinced ourselves that if our lives don't follow the timeline we imagined, we've somehow failed.
What if that's simply not true?
What if the detours are actually part of the destination?
What if the opportunities that change our lives don't arrive wrapped in certainty—but in curiosity?
And what if the life you're living right now isn't evidence that you're behind...
What if it's evidence that you're becoming?
One of the biggest lessons I've learned is that life isn't built in the big moments.
It's built on ordinary Tuesdays.
On conversations you almost didn't have.
On opportunities you almost ignored.
On tiny decisions that don't seem important until years later, when you finally look back and realize they changed everything.
That's the beautiful thing about this journey.
We don't get to connect the dots while we're living them.
We connect them later.
And maybe that's exactly how it's supposed to be.
If you've been feeling like you're behind...
If you've been comparing your life to a version you imagined years ago...
Or if you've been wondering whether it's too late to start over...
I hope this episode reminds you of one simple truth:
Your life isn't behind.
It's unfolding.
Thank you for joining me as we begin this brand-new season of The Beautifully Unplanned Podcast.
I have a feeling we're going to have some incredible conversations together this season, and I couldn't be more grateful that you're here for the journey.
Here's to embracing the unexpected, finding beauty in the ordinary, and discovering that sometimes the life we never planned becomes the one we wouldn't trade for anything.
🎧 Listen to Season 4, Episode 1: The Life I Thought I'd Have now.
🌐 Website: https://thebeautifullyunplannedpodcast.com

No comments:
Post a Comment